none
DPM 2010 Disk failed or not found RRS feed

• Question

• i have an issue with a DR DPM server.

DPM 2010 on Windows server 2008 R2 Standard SP1

i have 4 disks in the Storage pool, 3 Net app Disks and 1 Qnap disk

all of my backups are only writing to the Qnap disk, this disk has now become full and my jobs are now saying Disk Missing, even though there are 3 more disks available in the pool.

is there a way to force the jobs to use the other disks or clear space on the Qnap disk

Get-DPMDisk -DPMServerName drdpm-server

Name          Status            NtDiskId Total Capacity     Unallocated  Type
                                                                                  Space
    ----          ------            -------- ------------ ------------ ----
    NETAPP LUN... Healthy                  3       900 GB       900 GB          Dynamic
    NETAPP LUN... Healthy                  4       975 GB       734 GB          Dynamic
    NETAPP LUN... Healthy                  2       900 GB       900 GB          Dynamic
    Msft Virtu... Healthy                     1       603 GB         0 GB            Basic ( this disk is not in the storage pool)
    QNAP iSCSI... Healthy                  5      5449 GB         0 GB           Dynamic

my DR site is now down as a result of this.

any help would be appreciated

Phil Mason

Monday, March 10, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Check Windows disk management and make sure the QNAP disk is online and healthy, and does not show at risk or any other state.  If so, re-activate the disk and then re-scan windows disk management, then also rescan the disks in DPM console so the disk missing is cleared. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:13 AM