none
Can error code 1641 (hard reboot) be added to MDT? (next to 3010 soft reboot)

Question

• Hi!

Just starting to use MDT, great tool!
    A question about the default errorcodemanagement:

To my knowledge MDT acts on several error codes like 0 and 3010.

Because Autodesk uses also errorcode 1641 as 'succes' a default MDT installation will 'fail'.

What are the Autodesk installation program return codes for success and failure using SCCM

I can add the 1641 errorcode to MDT to ignore but when Googling around this 1641 code does seems to exist in SCCM (if i'm correct?)
    Also the Googled difference is that with

3010 you can install more applications but a reboot is eventually necessary.
    1641 blocks any following installation because a reboot must be done.

So my question / request is can 1641 event be added to MDT? and also acted upon like 3010 to reboot?

Error code

Value

Description

ERROR_SUCCESS

The action completed successfully.

ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_INITIATED

The installer has initiated a restart. This message is indicative of a success.

ERROR_SUCCESS_REBOOT_REQUIRED

A restart is required to complete the install. This message is indicative of a success. This does not include installs where the ForceReboot action is run.

Thanks,

Arian!!

Hello!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:27 PM

Answers

• Great! MDT - just like other deployment solution - usually only treats return codes 0 and 3010 as a successful installation but offers the flexibility to add custom return codes to suit your needs.

If you question has been answered, please don't forget to mark helpful posts as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

• Marked as answer by Grimson Friday, May 18, 2018 10:18 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2018 8:43 AM

All replies

• If memory serves me right, you can add return codes to MDT applications and then either use Restart computer TS step after you install the application or mark the application as „requires reboot after installation“.

Cheers,
    Anton

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Thursday, May 17, 2018 12:55 PM
  • Anton,

Thanks for the reply!
    I did add this returncode and reboot to MDT so the installation succeeds :)
    But I just wandered why this (after Googling) 1641 returncode is not included by default in MDT like the 3010 returncode. As both signal a successful deployment but 1641 requires an immediate reboot.
    At first i wandered what 1641 really was but in the end it's OK. Maybe this add to MDT would help other Engineers not wandering off to Google 1641 :)

Hello!

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Great! MDT - just like other deployment solution - usually only treats return codes 0 and 3010 as a successful installation but offers the flexibility to add custom return codes to suit your needs.

If you question has been answered, please don't forget to mark helpful posts as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Cheers,
    Anton

• Marked as answer by Grimson Friday, May 18, 2018 10:18 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2018 8:43 AM
  • Anton,

Thank you! I will regard 'error'code 1641 as solved an accepted as successfull :)

Hello!

Friday, May 18, 2018 10:21 AM