SCCM SCOM Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting lot of critical alert from SCOM related to SCCM,but when check in SCCM i dont find any of this message in SCCM console or system event viewer,How do i know if these all are false alert?,do we have any other better monitoring tool form SCCM inplace,please find the couple alerts below..

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: SMS State System encountered a corrupted message file"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: Collection Evaluator failed to enumerate collections"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: WSUS Configuration Manager failed to configure upstream server settings on a WSUS Server"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: Object Replication Manager failed to process changes to SMS Objects but will retry on next processing cycle"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: SMS State System summary task failed to execute"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: Hierarchy Manager cannot connect to the SMS site database"

"ConfigMgr 2007 Status: SMS State System encountered an invalid message record during its last processing cycle

Ï am getting this alerts 3-4 times in a day,and all the alerts are come together,but i dont find and erro/warning in SCCM cosole or system event log

Thanks,

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Take a look at the managment pack guide. This error gots something to do with the Action Account security usually. You can find the MP guide here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=20463

Hope it helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:27 AM
    Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:41 AM
  • "ConfigMgr 2007 Status: WSUS Configuration Manager failed to configure upstream server settings on a WSUS Server"

For upon alert in SCOM, have you checked the WCM.log on SCCM server? Is there any error exists in the log?

If so, I think it's not SCCM problem, but SCOM rule related.

Thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Take a look at the managment pack guide. This error gots something to do with the Action Account security usually. You can find the MP guide here:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=20463

Hope it helps

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:41 AM
  • "ConfigMgr 2007 Status: WSUS Configuration Manager failed to configure upstream server settings on a WSUS Server"

For upon alert in SCOM, have you checked the WCM.log on SCCM server? Is there any error exists in the log?

If so, I think it's not SCCM problem, but SCOM rule related.

Thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2012 8:28 AM