none
FSMO all role transfer fail RRS feed

• Question

• after disaster i done transfer role to additional domain controller in windows 2003. 
    two following roles successfully transfered
    1- PDC Role
    2- Infrastructure owner

but three roles are still pending and could not contact with fsmo owner,
    1- Schema owner
    2- Domain role owner
    3- RID pool Manager

where we cant live failed machine on network we'll do fresh installation on it,
    i found that i need to seize these roles, the question is do i need to seize only failed roles and then transfer again or i need to seize all roles and transfer again sitting on that machine which need to transfer all roles?
    currently CG transfered successfully and all domain tasks are working
    Thanks in advance
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:00 AM

Answers

• Hi, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows Server related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Server forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsserver

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, April 22, 2011 6:00 AM