How to control Auto Attendant from Skype user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to ask how can you control calls going to a Auto Attendant or the receptionist in Skype. Let me explain, I have offices where most of the time, the receptionist answers incoming calls directly. However, from time to time, she cannot thus turns on the AA from her phone (BCM50). I have seen this option on Skype where she would be able to transfer all incoming calls to the AA while she is away. She could set a forward all to the AA but that would also forward internal calls.

Any ideas?

Marco

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Marc-OGuilmette,

Do you want to control the Auto attendant from SFB client?you just could pick up the call or transfer this call. I thinks it is impossible to achieve it,

If you want to use phone that control the AA calls,it depends on your phone, you should connect to your vendor,ask them whether could support this function.

If you used the O365 ,you have E3(plus Cloud PBX) or an E5 O365 account ,you could enable AA in your O365 Admin center.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 6:03 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue ,if the reply is helpful to you, please try to make it as an answer ,it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:16 AM
  • Hi Marco,

I'm not quite sure of the existing call flow and what you want to achieve.

My interpretation is that calls to the reception (external & internal) go direct to the receptionist (do they log into SfB / the BCM50 as themselves or a generic account?).

When the receptionist is not available to take calls, you redirect/forward calls to an Auto Attendant?  What is this Auto Attendant, is it a backup group who can take calls as overflow?

Why don't you make the Auto Attendant the contact point for reception, then have an agent group containing the Receptionist, then do a failover to another agent group (i.e. the one you've got in use now) if calls aren't answered after X seconds or there are X calls already waiting in the queue?

With the Auto Attendant you can also take advantage of business hours, out of hours call handling, holiday schedules etc?

Thanks,
    Steve

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:58 AM