none
Enterprise Mode Site List Manager Tool for Windows 10 Schema v2 download? Or, Why doesn't v1 schema site list redirect sites from Edge to IE11?

Question

• (NOTE:  Links open in a new tab.)

In the TechNet article here I see reference to a schema v.2 for the EMIE tool. It will apparently spit out the xml using the new version 2 of the schema. But the download link only goes to downloads for Win7/8 (schema v.1), and I cannot find any reference to where I can obtain the Windows 10 version.

For example, this article specifically references a Windows 10 version, where this one references Windows 7 and 8.  Finding the Windows 10 version has proven impossible so far.

We have several sites which need to be opened in IE instead of Edge, and using our old Enterprise Mode site list is not working on our Windows 10 clients.

Current site list example:

<rules version="4">
        <emie>
              <domain exclude="false">www.contoso.com</domain>
        </emie>
    </rules>

Etc.

Reading about the v.2 schema leads me to think that the output from the tool is incorrect.  The documentation suggests that the output for Windows 10 should be:

<site-list version="205">
      <site url="www.contoso.com">
        <compat-mode>IE8Enterprise</compat-mode>
        <open-in>IE11</open-in>
      </site>
    </site-list>

Or am I missing something here?

Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, I consider you need to download the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager for Windows 10 in the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42501

After you downloading, just install it. Then check whether it works for you.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 20, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Although the new v5.0 tool for Win7/8.1 has been released, it seems that the equivalent tool for Win10 has not yet been released.

But, I still have the v4.0 tool, and it produces schema v1, which works fine for Win7/8.1/10

An example output from v4.0:

<rules version="7">
      <docMode>
        <domain doNotTransition="true" docMode="10">mccs.contoso.local<path doNotTransition="true" docMode="10">/mccs:27022</path></domain>
      </docMode>
      <emie>
        <domain exclude="true">sccm<path exclude="true">/CMApplicationCatalog</path></domain>
      </emie>
    </rules>

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Friday, November 20, 2015 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, I consider you need to download the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager for Windows 10 in the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42501

After you downloading, just install it. Then check whether it works for you.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 20, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Although the new v5.0 tool for Win7/8.1 has been released, it seems that the equivalent tool for Win10 has not yet been released.

But, I still have the v4.0 tool, and it produces schema v1, which works fine for Win7/8.1/10

An example output from v4.0:

<rules version="7">
      <docMode>
        <domain doNotTransition="true" docMode="10">mccs.contoso.local<path doNotTransition="true" docMode="10">/mccs:27022</path></domain>
      </docMode>
      <emie>
        <domain exclude="true">sccm<path exclude="true">/CMApplicationCatalog</path></domain>
      </emie>
    </rules>

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Friday, November 20, 2015 8:11 AM