Taskbar Preview - Not Working After Changing Theme and Changing Back RRS feed

• Question

• I changed my theme to a basic theme and when I read that the taskbar preview screen only worked in Aero theme, I changed back to Aero. I then rebooted but the preview is still not working. Any ideas on what I can do to get it working again
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 11:52 AM

Answers

• Taylordva,

The process of undocking and docking both activate power settings. If there are any updated drivers for the laptop (specific to Windows 7) this could help alot.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:19 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Taylord,

Try checking your desktop animation settings by right-clicking on Computer and opening the Properties menu, then selecting Advanced System Settings from the left-hand pane. From there, navigate to the Advanced tab and click on the Settings button under Performance. Taskbar previews should work by default under Aero, but it's still worth a look.
    -Alex
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:14 PM
  • did your try right clicking on the taskbar and checking "Use Aero Peak to preview desktop"
    regards, nitrous_74
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:15 PM
  • yes. preview is on.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 12:25 PM
  • okay. so I spent a little time testing. I shut down my machine and cut of access to power and battery for 5 minutes - to start fresh. I thne plugged back in and started with all appropriate boxes checked. It seems to be occurring when I dock and undock my computer. If I cold boot on the dock it works fine, but once I undock the preview function ceases to work.  When I shut down again and booted up starting undocked it worked fine too. So it seems to be the docking and undocking feature that is causing issues.
    Friday, May 29, 2009 1:39 PM
  • Taylordva,

That could be it. Does your docking station affect your video output at all (i.e. does it provide additional VGA ports, etc), and does it have updated drivers for use with Windows 7? Aero, in this stage, seems to be relatively finicky with unsupported video hardware.
    -Alex
    Friday, May 29, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Taylordva,

The process of undocking and docking both activate power settings. If there are any updated drivers for the laptop (specific to Windows 7) this could help alot.
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:19 AM
    Answerer