Uninstall Microsoft 4to6 Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I got the “Microsoft 4to6 Adapter “ downloaded without being asked or aware of it. I do not need it and appears to slow dawn many functions. For one thing it prompts a window, which advises to install the corresponding “driver software”. After long on line searching a window shows: ”Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your devise”. (Microsoft 4to6 Adapter). “Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it”. “A device attached to the system is not functioning” Please advise of how to get rid of it.

I have another problem. While trying to download  the recommended Windows update  I got the message: “Code 80073712 – WindowsUpdate-dt000  encountered an unknown error . Get help”.

Thanks for any help. Ulises C

Monday, March 2, 2009 4:15 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

Based on my research, I found the Microsoft 6to4 Adapter actually is a virtual device which does some conversions between IPv6 and IPv4. Please also refer to the following Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520

Therefore, if you don’t use IPv6 and the network connection works properly, we can safely ignore this issue.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:22 AM