none
DISM Package Manager: PID=2868 Failed while processing command add-package. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to add the November, 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3197868) to out install.wim using DISM offline because the same install is failing using the Scheduled Updates process in Config Manager.

Some pertinent (I think) lines from the DISM.log include:

DISM Package Manager: PID=2868 Failed while processing command add-package. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x8000ffff)

DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=8000FFFF

Anyone seen this problem before or had success adding the Security Monthly Quality Rollup updates either via DISM or Scheduled Updates?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Kivik,

How did you add the packages?

Please refer to the following link to add package.
    Apply Updates to an Image Using DISM
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff794819.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:57 AM
  • Hi Kivik,

I have tested to add this rollup package (KB3197868) to Windows 7 for 64 bit system image following the link I have posed to you and it worked.
    There are 2 key points we need to pay attention to.
    1. Using “get-wininfo /winfile:locate.wim” to check how many versions are in the install.wim file and which version you want mount.

2. The rollup package should be .MSU format. Download the package from Microsoft Update Catalog.

Best regards,
    Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:58 AM