Placing text under figure RRS feed

• Question

• I had a few pages with two images per page with a description under each image.  I altered the text, deleting quite a bit of it.  Instead of moving the text up from the next page, it pushes it forward.  now there is room for 4-5 lines of text under the bottom image but I cannot move the text up.  If I hit the back space to go onto the previous page, it deletes the image instead.  

I have tried turning on and off the anchor, different text wrapping options, changing the size of the image....no matter what there is a huge space under the image and the text will not move onto the previous page to be under the image.

Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:39 AM

Answers

• The problem may be due to the next paragraph having the 'keep together' or 'page break before' attribute applied. See under Format|Paragraph|Line and Page Breaks (Word 2003 & earlier) or Home|Paragraph|Line and Page Breaks (Word 2007 & later).

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Monday, September 10, 2012 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:02 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:22 AM

All replies

• The problem may be due to the next paragraph having the 'keep together' or 'page break before' attribute applied. See under Format|Paragraph|Line and Page Breaks (Word 2003 & earlier) or Home|Paragraph|Line and Page Breaks (Word 2007 & later).

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Monday, September 10, 2012 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:02 AM
    Sunday, September 9, 2012 5:22 AM
  • check this link this may help you out

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081119015707AAy4qDt

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:16 AM
  • check this link this may help you out

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081119015707AAy4qDt

That link refers to placing pictures behind text, not the placing text below the picture. Quite a different concept and incapable of resolving the issue at hand.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, September 10, 2012 9:24 AM