Applied new Update Rollup (KB3032946) to an agent RRS feed

• Question

• There's a new update rollup only for agents (which is odd in itself) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3032946. I installed it on one of my systems and while we won't use the features listed (Proxy Settings are for HTTP proxy, probably for Operational Insight) and the Connection Status doesn't show up either (I'm guessing it's also for OI), it did something else very odd: It removed the patch listing from the SCOM console. Here's a valid one from my console:

And here's the one I applied the UR to:

There's no indication in the KB article that this is specific to OI or anything and I can't figure out how to get feedback about this to MS. In the mean time, I suggest not installing this.

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Did the agent version change from 7.1.10184.0? When you install the OI agent it normally will change the version from 7.1.10184.0 to 7.2.10185.0, which will also remove the Patch Listing.
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Yes, the version number did change to 10185. I saw it on a blog posting that implied this was an UR for SCOM 2012R2 agents and there was no mention of it being for OI. Normally, the blog is very reliable about such matters....

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

Monday, April 6, 2015 10:39 PM
  • Hi,

In the link, you may give feedback about this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3032946?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Hi There,

I am downloading this and testing in my LAB equipment if the issue is same or not. Will keep you posted.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 11:03 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Same issue here as well. The Patch list column is blank on the 1 agent where i applied the update and where i did not update it show UR5.

Seems Microsoft has to work on this.

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Seems that this Update has 2 versions. First one published on March 23 (expired now in WSUS)  and second one in 14 aprill. So make sure You have latest version downloaded.

• Edited by Andres P Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:31 AM
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 5:30 AM
  • Hi Andres,

What is the KB # for the new patch is it different or the same? If it is different can pu post the new KB # here please.

Gautam.75801

Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:05 AM
  • KB is same (and has no remarks about change).
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:24 AM