Powershell - Set SNMP Trap Community Name RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been able to set all other options except this one (Trap Community Name).

The command I ended up with is...

Set-HPiLOSNMPIMSetting -Server 1.1.1.1 -Username user -Password password -SNMPADDRESS1TRAPCOMMUNITYvalue auto -DisableCertificateAuthentication

I end up getting the following error....

Check-RibclEmpty : Error: The content of the RIBCL is empty. Use "Get-Help" and try again.
    At C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PowerShell\Modules\HPiLOCmdlets\HPiLOCmdlets.psm1:37919 char:1
    +             if(Check-RibclEmpty($send)){
    +                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Check-RibclEmpty

I have searched all over the place for a solution to this, but I cannot find anything that has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:46 PM

All replies

• Please post issues with HP products in the HP forum for their product.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:57 PM
  • I just searched the forum categories and nothing showed up with "HP" anywhere.
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:26 PM
  • This is not an HP company. Please post in an HP forum.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/consumer/smartfriend-overview.html

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:49 PM
  • Interesting... should this be posted in an HP forum instead then as well?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd742419

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:27 PM
  • You question is about an HP specific module.  You have to ask HP for help.  That is how it works.

If you had a Toyota question would you post in a Mercedes forum?

You need to think about what you are doing.  Each vendor supplies there own PowerShell modules and supports those modules. 

Microsoft forums cannot support Apple, Google or HP software.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:37 PM
  • lol, found a thread where you try to send someone away, but then you try to help. Interesting... maybe because there are already others trying to be helpful? Regardless, there are clearly posts like mine out there that get useful responses. So you can either attempt to help, post more useless comments, or just move along.

FYI, I've already posted in hp forums. Always a better chance of getting the info I need if I post in multiple locations. More eyes = more chances at a solution.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/e91f9a21-f1ef-4ce9-ba03-b1856ca15486/powershell-update-hp-ilo-security-directory-for-ad-authentication-cant-seem-to-update?forum=winserverpowershell

^look at you trying to help someone :D

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:56 PM
  • Note in the marked answer in that thread jrv stated the following:

These questions should be asked in the vendors [sic] forum as they are vendor specific.

That's correct, because you are asking a vendor-specific question.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:49 PM
  • Either you didn't read this thread or you are just completely lost. Can't handle that I've made several valid points, including that jrv has still assisted in helping with a topic that he previously told people to go elsewhere for help.

As a moderator, I would think that you would either learn to read or at least not reply to things you don't fully grasp.

Maybe you're fragile ego was hurt, and you had to try to come to the rescue of a fellow moderator. Fail lol. Going to stick with the various other forums I've posted in, mainly due to the fact that the moderators here seem to be... simple. KthxBye! :D

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:17 PM
  • Unfortunately that is not what happened in the other thread.  The other thread was about HP ILO and I happened to be working on an ILO issue on one of my systems so I tossed out a suggestion and not an answer.  I also clearly noted that the question belonged in an HP forum.

Yes.  Occasionally we might have a simple answer to a vendor specific issue but you should always post to the vendor first.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:23 PM