none
[Windows Phone 8.1] Can't connect Windows Phone apps to wifi network with proxy authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Our school uses proxy that requires username/password authentication to connect on Wifi. Good thing is Windows Phone 8.1 has option to turn proxy on/off and sign in to proxy. The problem is after setting up the network connecting to it, my apps still can't connect to the network (some apps for example are Facebook app, Skype, other 3rd party apps). The IE and Windows App Store can connect to the network though. I am currently looking for 3rd party app that can provide global proxy authentication so I can connect my apps to the internet but I can't one.
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi c.paul,

Thank you for your question.

Windows phone 8.1 is not Windows 8.1, so we suggest you redirect this case to the following link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=WindowsPhoneITPro&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:17 PM