none
FSIS is going to be replaced by some other product or FS4SP??? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi ,

We just want to know whether FSIS is going to be carried forward or its going to be dropped and FS4SP will be the only product of FAST that will be in market.

If anyone have information regarding the updates of whats the future step of microsoft regarding FSIS,kindly give us the reference ..

Thanks,

Altaf.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Atlaf,

I am not aware of FSIS being dropped or being replaced by FS4SP, and the Microsoft Product Lifecycle page at the below URL shows that FAST Search Server 2010 for Internet Sites is covered by mainstream support until Oct 13 2015, and by extended support until Oct 13 2020:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=fast

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Thanks Rob for the information. This mentions about the support. I would just like to know whether the license will be available for the new customers or only support will be provided for the existing customers.

Thanks

Ashok

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:22 AM
  • Hi Ashok,

I am not aware of any upcoming changes regarding licenses, but you can contact Fast Customer Service at fastcsrv@microsoft.com with any license related questions.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Thanks Rob for the Contact information.
    Friday, October 7, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Hello Ashok - we sent an inquiry to MSFT also regarding this topic...curious if you heard back as to whether FSIS can be licensed for new customers - what was the outcome of your inquiry?
    Friday, October 14, 2011 11:49 PM