none
Type conversion Failure While importing the text file in Ms Access in time(Long Time) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I imported a text file into the Access but I got Type Conversion Failure Error. All the errors are in the Time Stamp fields. I tried changing the format of but provided options lets me select only date/time format there is no way I can change the format to long time while converting my imported file. I am getting an additional error file which consists of Type Conversion Failure Error the column name & the row number. How do I change it  to only get recognized s a time stamp field.

Please help me out in this.

Thanks,

Vinod

Thursday, July 6, 2017 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

timestamps are date type not long integers.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, July 8, 2017 9:38 PM
  • Hi, 

Please check that the date time format in your Text could be like this: 

MM/DD/YY 

You can also try to change the date column in Access as text first, then change back to see the results. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 10, 2017 6:53 AM