none
Export Journal Mailbox to PST problem RRS feed

• Question

• New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox "Journal-Mailbox" -Filepath "\\Server\Share\Journal.PST"

When I import the above PST in to Outlook I can see the mail and the original mail as attachments but the attachments are missing the main BODY part. They are empty. 

Running Exchange 2010 SP2. 

Thanks for reading. 

Thursday, January 5, 2012 9:46 AM

All replies

• You should try this from Outlook to export as PST.
    Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:34 PM
  • Agree with Manu, in that

1. Have you attempted to open this same mail direct from the Archive to ensure that all the information is present?
    2. have you attempted to do an export via Outlook to validate the information remains intact?

Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers with Lucid8's DigiScope
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:46 PM
  • Yes. The PST export process using Outlook client works as it should and I can see the attachments. I really want to automate this process for journal mailbox but the cmdlet is not helping. The same cmdlet exports regular mailbox attachments well but it bugs out whenever it exports "Journal" mailbox. Is there any hotfix or workaround for this?
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Sounds like a possible bug then in the export process.  There have been several issues with import/export processes in 2010 and they continue to release patches for them, however this one I have not yet experienced and you said you are all patched up on all your exchange servers to SP2, correct?
    Troy Werelius
    www.Lucid8.com
    Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline EDB's and Live Exchange Servers with Lucid8's DigiScope
    Friday, January 6, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Yes. Running my server on Exchange SP2.

A quick search on this forum resulted in another post with the same problem. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/fa802286-c867-400b-9cad-505f5dfdafb4/.

Looks like the bug is not fixed in SP2 either. 

Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:15 PM
  • my initial tests indicate this is fixed in Exchange 2010 SP2 Update 1
    Friday, February 17, 2012 1:54 AM