none
lock screen password issue RRS feed

• Question

• When I use the Authenticator app, after I enter in the requested number, the app asks me for my lock screen password. When I enter it, it doesn't work and I'm returned to the page asking for my lock screen password. The problem emerged suddenly; the app had been working fine for a long time, asking for the lock screen password and accepting it. I have not changed my password since nor made any other significant changes or updates. Additionally, my phone has fingerprint ID that should work, and in the past has worked, in lieu of entering the password, but that no longer works either. Whether I enter my password or use my fingerprint, the app pauses for a moment as if processing, and then returns me to the same screen asking for my password. No amount of repeats gets me past this.

I experience no problems when logging in without the app but using just my ordinary password, and I’ve tried updating the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc.

Saturday, July 14, 2018 12:39 PM

All replies

• Sorry you're encountering these issues, and thanks for reporting. The Authenticator app uses the device's built-in screen lock (Android) or Passcode (iOS) for completing authentications. Does that lock work in other scenarios? Did you change that recently? If you didn't, can you change it and see if that allows it to be used in the Authenticator? One last step to try if you're willing -- remove and re-add the account in the Authenticator (be sure you have an alternate security proof at the ready). 

Let us know if that helps! If not, we can take a look at your logs, 

Thanks, 

-Libby

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 7:37 PM
  • When I use the Authenticator app, after I enter in the requested number, the app asks me for my lock screen password. When I enter it, it doesn't work and I'm returned to the page asking for my lock screen password. The problem emerged suddenly; the app had been working fine for a long time, asking for the lock screen password and accepting it. I have not changed my password since nor made any other significant changes or updates. Additionally, my phone has fingerprint ID that should work, and in the past has worked, in lieu of entering the password, but that no longer works either. Whether I enter my password or use my fingerprint, the app pauses for a moment as if processing, and then returns me to the same screen asking for my password. No amount of repeats gets me past this.

I experience no problems when logging in without the app but using just my ordinary password, and I’ve tried updating the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc.

I have the same issue :lock screen appeared suddenly on my iPad and couldn’t be opened no matter how many times I tried ? Why my original passcode doesn’t work anymore ?
    Friday, August 3, 2018 2:56 AM