Advice on using SharePoint to collect feedback on Marketing campaign materials RRS feed

• Question

• Our Marketing department would like to start using our SharePoint portal to collaborate on proofs, copyright blurbs, images, etc.. They would like to be able to request feedback from peers (chosen at the beginning of each on each draft version/iteration of an item and see the comments specific to that version. 

For example, draft 1 goes through the workflow to get users feedback. That feedback is used to determine changes for draft 2, which will also be subject to feedback/approval and continues until a final draft is approved by the team. They need to be able to see the different versions side-by-side if possible, including feedback/comments tied to each version, with the goal of publishing the approved/agreed-upon version of the item to a "final proofs" library.

I know there are a number of ways I could do this but I'd like to get advice and feedback on how others would approach setting a solution like this up with MOSS 2007 Enterprise features at my disposal. Would using the Publishing features work well in this scenario?

-Steve

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:28 PM

Answers

• I believe that "collect feedback" workflow could work for this goal. They don't even need to have few versions. Each reviewer could use different fonts color when making changes and put their name in comments. It would be easier to have one version of the document with few comments in different color. 

I worked on the same project for marketing. They decided to use SharePoint 2007 to track their marketing assets and come to a decision before they decide to produce it. Exactly as you are describing. They also used this tool for tracking milestones.

They decided to use the discussion board forum to vote whether it was needed or not.

They also added BrightWorks for more reporting.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:23 PM

All replies

• Sorry if this is too specific of a question... Anyone?

-Steve

Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I believe that "collect feedback" workflow could work for this goal. They don't even need to have few versions. Each reviewer could use different fonts color when making changes and put their name in comments. It would be easier to have one version of the document with few comments in different color. 

I worked on the same project for marketing. They decided to use SharePoint 2007 to track their marketing assets and come to a decision before they decide to produce it. Exactly as you are describing. They also used this tool for tracking milestones.

They decided to use the discussion board forum to vote whether it was needed or not.

They also added BrightWorks for more reporting.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:23 PM
  • Hello,

Instead of going for workflows, why don't you consider using Surveys....they are easy and can also display the info in a graphical manner....

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards, Chandra Shekhar

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for your responses. I didn't think of using a survey but will definitely try both suggestions out.

Keep em coming!

-Steve

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:52 PM