none
CDW from 2016 to 2017 ends with "Property HasMemoryOptimizedObjects is not available for Database" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to copy a couple of databases from a SQL2016 to SQL2017 using the Copy Database Wizard.

I'm using SQL Management Object Method in SSMS 17.3

SSIS Proxy account is sysadmin on both instances and local admin i Windows on both servers.

When running the job I get the error "Property HasMemoryOptimizedObjects is not available for Database '[DATABASENAME]'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.

The databases has no Memory Optimization configured.

One DB still runs in 100 mode but the issue is the same with that one to.

If I try to use detache/attache methods I can't select any of the databases witch I've never seen.

Usally I think CDW is working well but now I'm stuck.

Anyone else had similar problems in SQL2017?

/Johan

• Edited by HSTD76 Monday, November 13, 2017 4:55 PM Spelling
    Monday, November 13, 2017 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi HSTD76,

Based on your description, I was able to repro the issue(SQL16 SP1CU5 to SQL17RTMCU1), but copy from SQL 2017 to SQL 2016 works fine. In this case, I’d suggest you submit a feedback regarding such issue to Microsoft directly at this site. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Thanks Lin

I've created a bug repport here.

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/3144086

Everyone, please vote if you experience the same problem.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:11 AM
  • Hi HSTD76,

Good to know, I’ve already upvoted the item.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 4:55 AM
  • Did you solve this?  I have the exact same problem. :/
    Friday, February 23, 2018 12:20 PM

• No, unfortunately I never did.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Same issue here, and I'm surprised it's not reported before. I've using SSMS v17.5
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Still broken? I can't get it to work either..
    Monday, April 9, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Having same problem and errors in various DB's; It is affecting more than just 2016->2017 DB's as the post suggests...

So how does one copy the DB with TSQL / command line using the SMO method outside of Management Studio since the Copy Wizard in 17.x is broken and not have to take the DB offline? I can't seem to find the correct command to do that..

Thanks for the help.

Monday, April 9, 2018 3:01 PM
  • The link to the connect.microsoft.com feedback website no longer works, but I was able to find an official bug report of this issue elsewhere: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server/suggestions/32898043-cdw-from-2016-to-2017-ends-with-property-hasmemor

For the record, I am also having this issue.

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:55 PM