New-RemoteMailbox cmdlet RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking to run the New-RemoteMailbox cmdlet from a windows shell to create new mailboxes in our 365 tenant. Looks like it's not recognized when I load the Exchange snapin in a windows shell. Even if I connect to 365 within the shell it still is not recognized, but when I load up an Exchange shell from one of our on-prem hybrid servers it appears to recognize it right away. Is there a module or additional snapin needed to run that cmdlet from outside an Exchange shell?
    Friday, June 23, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

• I'm looking to run the New-RemoteMailbox cmdlet from a windows shell to create new mailboxes in our 365 tenant. Looks like it's not recognized when I load the Exchange snapin in a windows shell. Even if I connect to 365 within the shell it still is not recognized, but when I load up an Exchange shell from one of our on-prem hybrid servers it appears to recognize it right away. Is there a module or additional snapin needed to run that cmdlet from outside an Exchange shell?

Connect remotely with powershell to an on-prem mailbox server and it should work assuming you have the correct on prem perms

Loading the snapin is not supported in 2013 and above

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335083(v=exchg.160).aspx

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, June 26, 2017 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by RK-33 Monday, June 26, 2017 11:37 AM
    Friday, June 23, 2017 12:37 PM