Outlook Signature (Remote Hosted) Image resolution issue when user has screen resolution greater than 100% RRS feed

• Question

• I'll do my best to explain our issue.

I work at a law firm of 50 people and was asked to trouble shoot an issue with certain user's outlook signatures. I'll give you the full history since we can't seem to figure it out after multiple "fixes."

The ORIGINAL issue was that our emails were appearing as if they had attachments when they didn't have any which was frustrating to the Attorneys when searching for specific client related emails. This was clearly caused by our logo in the signature being inserted as a file. So, I uploaded the image logo 1 (160x78px, 72ppi, jpeg) to our website then went to every users station, and "linked to" the image. This worked for the majority of the users.

Our CURRENT ISSUE is if User A has their resolution setting at anything other than 100% (right click>screen resolution>Make text and other items larger or smaller>125% or 150%), and sends an email to User B (who has regular 100% resolution setting) the image is negatively affected in that it would become larger and blurrier to User B or any other recipient.

Upon trouble shooting this, I found that Windows 7 has a "known bug" that image settings is MS Word have to be changed from 220dpi to 96dpi. So our web guy uploaded image logo 2 (96dbi .Gif) and I linked to the image from User A's station (with increased resolution). Same problem - image is blurry and larger to recipient. 

As an alternate solution, I tried turning User A's resolution back down to 100% and decreasing their resolution the other way (right click>screen resolution>bring slider down to lower ratio). While that fixes the logo size issue, it makes all the other text just blurry enough to be annoying to the User(granted they don't have the greatest screen to begin with).

I'd like to avoid needing to upgrade graphics cards/hardware/OS etc if possible for right now as we are going to be making several configuration changes this year.

More information that might help:

- Standard Company Computer: HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower 
    - Microsoft Office 2010
    - Standard Company Screen: Dell E198FPb

I am at a loss and I can't seem to find anything on any forums. Please help!

Monday, February 26, 2018 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Found the follow article. Looks exactly the issue you are encountering:

Graphics file attachment grows larger in the recipient's email message after you change to a high DPI setting

You may try the solution mentioned and see whether it helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:17 AM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got an opportunity to look through the article and try the method?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:18 AM
  • Hello Steve,

Thank you for the article. I have read it, but it doesn't seem to address why only users with increased "screen resolution" (right click>screen resolution>Make text and other items larger or smaller>125% or 150%) are the only ones experiencing this issue. 

Wouldn't it make sense that everyone on our network would be experiencing this?

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 10:11 PM