Having an issue with icons RRS feed

• Question

• I have a brand new Laptop Acer with pre-loaded windows 10.  The icons in the task bar either flash or disappear altogether and I have to shut down and reboot. And I have a download stuck on 91% (now 7 days old) and I am unable to attach a printer And the finger pad works when it feels like it or does not work at all And programmes start by themselves after the lap top is up and running.

• Edited by Carey FrischMVP Monday, December 14, 2015 6:35 PM Clarify title
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Besides that, if you have Acer recovery media, please use it to repair your Windows 10 installation.

If it didn't resolve your issue, please send it to Acer to check if it's original media source issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi

I agree 100% with the comments already posted. I would also try to do a system file check. This will check the validity of protected system files and fix any that have been corrupted. Have a look at the following link: 

Run SFC /SCANNOW

You can also do this at boot. 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community. Happy programming!

Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:51 AM

All replies

• Sounds like either Laptop is not ready for Windows 10 or there is some incompatible software on the Laptop. As it is brand new laptop I can only suggest you contact Acer for support. http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/service
    Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:10 PM
  • Hi,

Besides that, if you have Acer recovery media, please use it to repair your Windows 10 installation.

If it didn't resolve your issue, please send it to Acer to check if it's original media source issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:29 AM
  • Hi

I agree 100% with the comments already posted. I would also try to do a system file check. This will check the validity of protected system files and fix any that have been corrupted. Have a look at the following link: 

Run SFC /SCANNOW

You can also do this at boot. 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community. Happy programming!

Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:51 AM