none
DPM 2016 - Cannot see backup library tapes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently built a new Windows Server 2016 installation with DPM 2016. All is working perfectly apart from the configuration of the tape drive. It is a HP MSL2024 1 LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS Tape Library. It worked perfectly with the DPM 2012 version that I decommissioned on Server 2008. 

The OS does recognize the tape library and I have installed the most up to date driver [1.0.9.1]. In the DPM management console the tape library is visible but it states that it is a "Stand-alone Drive" and shows only one of the available two drives. It also does not show any of the 24 tape slots.

Is there any commands that I need to run in order to get these tapes visible?

Thanks,

Dan

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Did you get any feed back on this? I am also having similar issue. but i have  <style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px Helvetica} </style>

HP 1/8 G2 LTO-5 3000 SAS Autoloader 

Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:21 AM
  • forgot to mention i am using server 2016 and dpm2016. i can not se any tapes on DPM admin console. i have done inventory, refresh and rescan none helped.
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:23 AM
  • Under Device Manger do you see entries for both

a) the library enclosure under Medium Changer devices - should show up as Hewlett Packard MSL G3 Series library  (x64 based) -or similar.

b) the tape drive(s) itself under Tape Drives - should show up as Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-5 drive.

In addition - if you haven't done so already grab a copy of the latest HPE Library and Tape Tools - I believe the latest version is hpe_ltt424_win and make sure tape drive and library enclosure are using the latest firmware levels.

In case you have already assigned tape backup jobs in DPM to the standalone drive - modify the respective protection groups to stop long term protection. Then rediscover the library if all of the above checks out you should now see the library and tape drive.

Best regards Sassan

Sassan Karai

Monday, October 2, 2017 4:32 AM