Word 2013/64bit Installed on Windows 8.1 pro 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,
    1. Error:
    When I open Microsoft Word 2013 I get the window “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications”
    Compile error in hidden module: NotOE.
    This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or architecture of this application. Click “Help” for information on how correct this error.

After I click OK the window is gone.

2. Error:
    When I open a new blank document another window pops up : “Microsoft Word” … The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings.
    I click Ok and the word is working fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Mario
    Friday, April 24, 2015 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi everyone

I do appreciate your support and attention to my problem. The problem was solved when I removed the file “WinCalendar.dotm” from word startup folder (users/username/appdate/roming/Microsoft/word/startup/wincalendar.dotm).

I copied the file from startup and put it into:  C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Templetes

Everything works fine with no errors when I open Mic. Word.

Thank you. Your attention to this matter was greatly appreciated.  

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:00 PM

All replies

• Exit Word and rename the Normal.dotm template (found in your user profile). Then restart Word. Does that improve the situation?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:25 AM
  • Hi Mario,

Please try to start Word 2013 in safe mode and see if issue persists: Press Win + R and type "winword.exe /safe" in the blank box, then press Enter.

"Compile error in hidden module: NotOE" -

I'm not sure what exactly "NotOE" is, but it usually indicate a third party add-in, you might want to have a check.

Also, please browser to Word Startup folder and see if you have any similar .dot/.xla add-in template files. If yes, try to delete them, then verify result. The path of Word Startup folder can be found by going to FILE>Options>Advanced tab>click File Locations... button under General section.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 27, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Hi everyone

I do appreciate your support and attention to my problem. The problem was solved when I removed the file “WinCalendar.dotm” from word startup folder (users/username/appdate/roming/Microsoft/word/startup/wincalendar.dotm).

I copied the file from startup and put it into:  C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Templetes

Everything works fine with no errors when I open Mic. Word.

Thank you. Your attention to this matter was greatly appreciated.  

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for the follow-up!

As you have noticed, poorly designed add-ins can cause all sorts of problems.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:04 PM