none
How to Uninstall OneDrive app from Android smartphone? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I've got Samsung A10 with latest OS update.

I installed OneDrive app via Play Store.

Later i decided to uninstall app. And it turned out that i don't have Unistall option in app details; Disable and Uninstall Updates only.

In Play Store i found Uninstall button which turned out to do the same as Uninstall Updates from settings.

After i pressed Uninstall button in Play Store, it supposedly uninstalled all updates, yet the app is still installed and the only button under the app's name is Enable. The same is correct for app settings inside device settings menu.

I tried to clear cache and app data; I tried to restart the device; I tried to reset app defaults of entire OS from system menu;  - this does not affect any of options or buttons of OneDrive app.

The app was not preinstalled in time of purchase. I never used it and never signed in.The device was never rooted and it is on its factory configuration.

Rooting or Resetting device is not an option.

How do I uninstall the OneDrive app completely? 

Monday, September 7, 2020 9:40 PM

All replies

• You can only uninstall the updates because it set as default in the mobile's system. You can't delete it permanently. You can only disable them. Then it doesn't show you in the mobile
    • Proposed as answer by Balal Ahmad Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:56 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Vladimir Amir Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2020 5:49 AM
  • Thanks for rapid response.

Your answer created more questions rather than answed.

OneDrive app did not come preinstalled with OS, nor with Samsung shell.

What does mean default? Does it require a root access?

If it does how did it become default if my phone is not rooted and i don't have a root access? If it doesn't, then how being default or whatever prevent me from uninstalling the app?

In Play Store nothing mentioned that this app will be installed permanently.

Is sneaking the app into restricted area by breaking into device root the official position of Microsoft?

Where in EULA can i read about agreement to make OneDrive app default?

• Edited by Vladimir Amir Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:04 PM correction
    Tuesday, September 8, 2020 6:55 PM