Exchange server roles stete grayed RRS feed

• Question

• I have in production a SCOM 2007 R2 platform with an Exchange Server 2010 MP about monitorings seven server Exch (3 CAS, 2 mailbox, 2 edge). Until yesterday all worked fine, then we have had a problem with CAS server with relative servers reboot. After this, when I open the SCOM console under Exchange server 2010 folder, I see all seven object server grayed. If I check the Operations event viewer on a exchange server after a health service restarting, I haven't error if not an 21023 information (OpsMgr has no configuration for management group "MG" and is requesting new configuration from the Configuration Service). On SCOM Exchange console I continous to see arise alert and the others functions are monitoring (O.S, hheartbeating,ecc). I tried to restart the SCOM services and the Correlation Engine service without results, all object under "Server State" and "Service state" continous to be grayed.

something can help me?

thanks Mario

Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:11 AM

Answers

• It can happen.  The exchange MP creates a tremendous amount of work for agents.  be sure you have upped the agent thresholds per the MP guide for this pack.  Also, a gray agent doesn't mean a non-functioning agent.  It only means that the agent has been too busy to get to the heartbeat message - or the agent stopped running.  Does this clear up in 10 to 12 hours on its own?

It may or may not be exchange related.  Do go through the gray agent troubleshooter

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by mario2007 Friday, July 15, 2011 6:03 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:15 PM

All replies

• This is an agent problem.  Get the agent healthy and the other items will go ungray
    Microsoft Corporation
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:24 PM
  • seven agents "out of order" all togheter?
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:32 PM
  • It can happen.  The exchange MP creates a tremendous amount of work for agents.  be sure you have upped the agent thresholds per the MP guide for this pack.  Also, a gray agent doesn't mean a non-functioning agent.  It only means that the agent has been too busy to get to the heartbeat message - or the agent stopped running.  Does this clear up in 10 to 12 hours on its own?

It may or may not be exchange related.  Do go through the gray agent troubleshooter

Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by mario2007 Friday, July 15, 2011 6:03 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:15 PM
  • In effect after a rebooting of three Management Server all seem to work fine and the Exchange Servers farm is up again. Can you give me a clarification of "upped the agent thresholds"?. I'm become aware as Exchange 2010 MP produce a lot of noise and of the necessity to create a tuning guide.

thanks Mario

Friday, July 15, 2011 6:03 AM