MacOS Remote Desktop App - Error Code 0x3000015 RRS feed

• Question

• Switching Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) feeds to a different WVD tenant totally breaks any connections from MacOS Remote Desktop to WVD, with 0x3000015 error codes.

For the past two weeks, I have been successfully using the feed feature of MacOS Remote Desktop to connect to my test Windows Virtual Desktop environment. No problems. After re-deploying my RDP environment (Windows Virtual Desktop) in a different tenant, I deleted the feed and registered a new feed. Now, I get this error when attempting to connect to the new feed:

We couldn't connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway because of an internal error. If this keeps happening, contact your network administrator for assistance. Error code: 0x3000015.

Some additional points:

1. Every other client (iOS, Windows client, Browser RDP client) is working with this new deployment, so it is not a problem with the deployment (from what I can tell).

2. When I switch back to the working feed from my first deployment, it doesn't work either now (the exact same error, pictured above).

3. Non-feed .rdp-based access with MacOS Remote Desktop to these two WVD deployments are also resulting in the same error (the exact same error, pictured above.

4. I tried deleting the app, along with the cache and keychain credentials, to see if a clean install fixes it, and it doesn't.

5. This same exact issue has been reported by another user on the techcommunity's WVD troubleshooting thread as well, a few days ago.

6. This is connecting to a Windows 10 Enterprise with Office 365 version 1903 gallery image rds session host machine, fully updated.

Does anyone know at least a workaround for this? Basically, all MacOS Remote Desktop App users who switch to a new WVD environment will have their RDP bricked now. 

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 4:44 PM

All replies

• HI
    Thank you for discovering this issue .
    "I tried deleting the app, along with the cache and keychain credentials, to see if a clean install fixes it, and it doesn't."
    1 did you mean you have clean installed MAC OS ?
    2 what's the os version of MAC computer ?
    3 if you install Microsoft Remote Desktop  Version 10.3.4 (1685) on Mac computer, will the problem persist ?
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:59 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm going to try Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.3.4 now.

I'm running Mojave version 10.14.6. I didn't do a clean install of the operating system, instead, I just moved the Remote Desktop App application to Trash, and went into /Users/ken/Library/Containers/ and deleted the com.microsoft.rdc.macos/ folder. I also opened Keychain and deleted some RDP credential that it looked like Remote Desktop App created, but I'm honestly not 100% sure I got everything.

Best,

Ken

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Hey Andy - 10.3.4 (1685) works. I tried a feed, and it works nicely.
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:15 PM
  • HI 
    If you use our solution to solve the problem, could you mark the replies as answers if they help.Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:00 AM
  • HI
    Please "mark as an answer" to help other community members find useful responses quickly. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:50 AM