none
Approval workflows missing RRS feed

• Question

• We have a new instance of Sharepoint Sites on Office 365. 

I would like to use the approval workflow to help with the deliverable review process but I can't see the OOTB Approval workflow.

I can see that plenty of other people have had this issue and I have tried all the suggestions.   The Sharepoint 2007 workflows and Workflows are enabled in Site Collection features.  I have activated and deactivated a few times but am not getting anywhere.  All I can see when setting up a new workflow is Disposition and Three State

What am I missing??

Sunday, June 19, 2016 11:55 PM

All replies

• Please deactivate and activate workflows site collection feature. You should be able to see Approval Sharepoint 2010 workflow on your list in office 365.

Thank you

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suggest you can deactivate the feature "Workflows" and then reactive this feature in site settings-> Site Collection Features to test whether it works. 

If the issue still exists, you can create a new site collection and activate the feature to test if it works.

Monday, June 20, 2016 1:54 AM
  • Hi KerrieJ,

According to your description, the SharePoint 2010 workflow templates are missing, even if you have re-activated the “Workflows” site collection feature.

Is there a message “You have not enabled Approval workflows” under “Denotes a SharePoint 2010 template” on the “adding a workflow” page, as shown in the screenshot below? If yes, please click “Active”. Then, all built-in workflow templates should show up.

Here is a similar thread for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/051c7bb9-1d42-40b6-a1e2-85fc276e17d3/workflows-in-office-365-sahrepoint?forum=sharepointgeneral

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:27 AM
  • I do not see Sharepoint 2010, only Sharepoint 2007 Workflows.  I have tried deactivating and reactivating - no change :-(

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:27 AM
  • Can you please direct me to instructions on how to create a new site collection?  Deactivating and reactivating doesn't work
    Monday, June 20, 2016 2:28 AM
  • To create a new site collection, follow these steps:

1. Click the Manage link below SharePoint Online in the Microsoft Online Administration Center.

2. Click Manage site collections from the Administration Center window that displays.

You are taken to the Administration Center dashboard.

3. Click New from the action icons on the menu and then select Private Site Collection.

The New Site Collection window appears.

4. Enter the required information.

5. Click OK to go back to the SharePoint Online Administration Center dashboard.

When you create a new site collection, you are prompted to enter a value for the Resource Usage Quota. The value you enter in the box represents resource points that measure the effectiveness of custom applications running inside your site collection. For example, say you uploaded a custom web part that does a lot of calculations and uses up a lot of computing power.

image0.jpg

SharePoint Online monitors how many resources your custom web part uses. The resource points that you assigned will authorize SharePoint Online to either leave it alone if it’s performing within the quota, throttle it if the code is poorly written and starts to hog all the resources, and ultimately kill the web part or make the application stop running if it goes haywire and starts to cause problems.

Fortunately, the killing only happens within the affected site collection and has no impact in other site collections within the tenancy.

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:36 AM
  • Here's one more link

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-or-delete-a-site-collection-3a3d7ab9-5d21-41f1-b4bd-5200071dd539

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:38 AM
  • I can't paste images yet - grrrr, but yes Approval Workflow has been activated, I just can't see it :-(

Monday, June 20, 2016 2:56 AM
  • I didn't get it so you can see approval workflow now in new workflow?
    Monday, June 20, 2016 3:11 AM
  • HI Naveen,

This worked for me.

Thank You. 

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:50 PM