Sequencing VB6 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the best way to Sequence VB6 with App-V ? 
    Friday, June 15, 2012 6:00 PM

Answers

Sequence it along with your application would be the simplest solution. Otherwise sequencing it separately and connect the package with DSC. I would test both and see which is the best approach for your environment.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:38 PM

All replies

• Are you sequencing the application with the intent to stream to XP or Windows 7? Have a look here.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/pl-PL/appvserverandmanagement/thread/fb5b8c73-1dda-4ce7-9d1e-fedfed4fecff

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Friday, June 15, 2012 6:08 PM
    Sequence it along with your application would be the simplest solution. Otherwise sequencing it separately and connect the package with DSC. I would test both and see which is the best approach for your environment.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:38 PM
  • I've succesfully sequenced VB6 by running the sequencer on a Windows XP system.  If memory serves, the installer won't let you change to the Q: driver during installation but that's ok.  The sequencer will pick up the necessary files and still work.  Other than that go ahead and install it as any other App-v package.

Monday, June 25, 2012 10:18 PM