Receiving an error message when trying to do back up my files with windows backup and restore files RRS feed

• Question

•  I received this error message from my windows vista ultimate automatic backup did not complete. I clicked details  in the message and it says " An error occurred. The following information might help you reslove the error: (Access is denied 0x80070005). Can Anyone help me resolve this issue? Thx.

DAG

• Edited by dag1656 Monday, December 16, 2013 6:01 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 5:59 PM

All replies

• Where are you trying to back up the file?. make sure you have necessary access to the location/network path where you are trying to backup.

The simple reason of you not having access to the path and trying to write your backup file in there can trigger this error.

Thanks,

Anil

Monday, December 16, 2013 6:33 PM
  • I have been backing up to the same location for almost a year. I had trouble backing up to this location went I first set it up it is my external HDD. I resolved it after following suggestions from someone from this forum but that thread reply has been deleted I looked for it I found the thread but the information in the reply is gone and I can't remember what I had to do to get it to work again.

DAG

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:23 PM