Color/grey settings in File -> print RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When I print in Powerpoint 2010 using File -> print, the option color/grey/black-white is directly available.

When I print in Word using File 2010 -> print, the option color/grey/black-white isn't there.

Can I change the options to display in File -> print?

Thanks

Greetings

Frisse85

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:24 AM

Answers

• In Word, you can access the colour settings via File>Print>Printer Properties>Paper/Quality. The options are: Color & Black & White. Word also has a setting for whether to print colored text as black on non-color printers (File>Options>Advanced>Layout Options), which you can access via File>Print>Page Setup>Layout>Print Options.

You cannot add any of this functionality to the File>Print dialogue. 

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frisse85 Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:52 PM

All replies

• In Word, you can access the colour settings via File>Print>Printer Properties>Paper/Quality. The options are: Color & Black & White. Word also has a setting for whether to print colored text as black on non-color printers (File>Options>Advanced>Layout Options), which you can access via File>Print>Page Setup>Layout>Print Options.

You cannot add any of this functionality to the File>Print dialogue. 

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

• Edited by macropodMVP Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Frisse85 Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:52 PM
  • Thanks!

Thursday, November 8, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Thanks to both of you to share the helpful information to us. This will help the others who meet the same issue.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, November 9, 2012 1:50 AM