Skippy Windows Explorer Tree View Panel RRS feed

• Question

• One thing that's really annoying about Windows Explorer is that skippy tree view panel on the left!

Whenever I drag a file to a (folded) directory folder on the left, it not only unfolds but JUMPS somewhere upwards, mainly just at the moment when I'm just releasing the mouse button, so files become moved into one of the sub folders. (Because the scrolling is animated you never know where your file will end up)

*aaaarrrgh* :((

MS: Please provide a hotfix for Windows 6.1 so the Windows Explorer tree view won't scroll anymore when a folder is unfolded (regardless whether it is unfolded manually or automatically)!

And, please, re-establish keyboard scrolling support for the tree view panel view port (CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN)...

Monday, November 8, 2010 7:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I want to inform you that it is by design. And I will direct your suggestion to development team. Also you can send your feedback to  by Poviding Feedback to Microsoft or via Feedback|Microsoft Connect.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by BetterToday Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I want to inform you that it is by design. And I will direct your suggestion to development team. Also you can send your feedback to  by Poviding Feedback to Microsoft or via Feedback|Microsoft Connect.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by BetterToday Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:29 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:40 AM
  • Hi Leo,

thanks for your constructive reply. A change in behaviour of Windows Explorer would be very welcome!

I didn't know there was a Connect channel for Windows OSs available. And, admittedly, I still don't find a Windows OS channel in Connect. The link you have provided me with is a link to the Visual Studio channel.

From my experience with issues 334728, Mouse cursor not hidden when typing and 231610, Add feedback option on wrong/ambiguous translations I know that they'll resolve OS issues as [External] and [Won't fix].

Perhaps I can convince you to also forward these issues to MS? They are quite annoying as well. And I couldn't find an appropriate channel to forward them to MS yet.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:29 PM