Geforce Blank Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've ben having issues with windowsvista/geforce lately, the only way I can get onto my PC is in safemode. My PC starts perfectly fine then after I login my screen goes blank and says "no signal". I've read alot of people are having the same problems (from google) I uninstall my video card driver and go off the default and it works perfectly fine, until I try and install an updated driver for my video card. 

Any fixes for this coming anytime soon? I've noticed people from 2007 having this same issue. I'm running on VGA.

geforce 8600 GT
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual processor 5200
    4 gigs of ram
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try following:

Boot into the Safe Mode and change the resolution of the screen to 800x600, apply changes and reboot into normal mode.
    Most mrobably your problem is related to your monitor, you have probably set a too high resolution and your monitor cannot handle it.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Try following:

Boot into the Safe Mode and change the resolution of the screen to 800x600, apply changes and reboot into normal mode.
    Most mrobably your problem is related to your monitor, you have probably set a too high resolution and your monitor cannot handle it.

сила в справедливости
    Hi

It was working just fine before and then a restart and it stops working?
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:50 AM
  • Hi again

I just tried switching to 800x600 and restarted in normal mode and it still says "no signal". 
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 7:56 AM
  • Could you please try to uninstall all video drivers from the Safe Mode and then restart the PC into normal mode.
    Let us know the outcome.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:32 AM
  • One more thing.

How many video outputs does your video card have? Maybe your monitor is plugged to the wrong video output whcih is not activated on the PC.
    Try followig:

- Boot into normal mode
    - When PC is fully booted, power off your monitor
    - Plug your monitor into a different video output port
    - Power on your monitor

Let us know the outcome please.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:39 AM
  • Could you please try to uninstall all video drivers from the Safe Mode and then restart the PC into normal mode.
    Let us know the outcome.

сила в справедливости
    I did uninstall them, when I did that it worked OK, then I updated my video card driver and the same result "no display". It was working just fine earlier today.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:46 AM
  • There is 3
    S Video
    VGA
    DVI
    I use VGA that hooks into my TV. 
    Oh and I have tried S- Video also.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 8:48 AM
  • Try disconnecting your TV and connect your monitor to VGA output.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Why would it work without the updated drivers and not work with them?
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 9:36 AM
  • any other ideas? it didnt work
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 9:49 AM
  • Try to find a different driver from the manufacturer's website, try several drivers, it should not necessarily be the latest one.

сила в справедливости
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 10:33 AM