wsus sync problem RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have sbs2011 server with wsus Version: 3.2.7600.226

it was working fine until stoped witg strange error:

WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSyncWebServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncProxy.GetAuthConfig()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.InternetGetServerAuthConfig(ServerSyncProxy proxy, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.ServerSyncLib.Authenticate(AuthorizationManager authorizationManager, Boolean checkExpiration, ServerSyncProxy proxy, Cookie cookie, WebServiceCommunicationHelper webServiceHelper)

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.ServerSync.CatalogSyncAgentCore.SyncConfigUpdatesFromUSS()

at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Serve

any help?

ronnie

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Ronnie,

Notice that you are using Windows Small Business Server 2011, and even though this is running WSUS 3.2 like Windows Server 2008 R2, I am not sure if this scenario is suitable for your environment: "WSUS does not sync with Microsoft on WSUS 3.0 SP2-2008 R2 servers because of certificate error".

In addition, WSUS 3.2 has ended its life cycle. Please also consider replacing the higher version of WSUS to provide you with services.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ronip62 Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:13 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:17 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 1:38 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Consider the steps provided in the following articles: "Migrate Windows Server Update Services to Windows Server 2012".
    You can also consider using a newer Windows Server 2016 or 2019.

Regards,
    Yic

• Marked as answer by ronip62 Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Ronnie,

Notice that you are using Windows Small Business Server 2011, and even though this is running WSUS 3.2 like Windows Server 2008 R2, I am not sure if this scenario is suitable for your environment: "WSUS does not sync with Microsoft on WSUS 3.0 SP2-2008 R2 servers because of certificate error".

In addition, WSUS 3.2 has ended its life cycle. Please also consider replacing the higher version of WSUS to provide you with services.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:17 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Monday, January 27, 2020 1:38 AM
  • hi

thank you for your replay

what is the next version?and how can i get it?

ronnie

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:54 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

Consider the steps provided in the following articles: "Migrate Windows Server Update Services to Windows Server 2012".
    You can also consider using a newer Windows Server 2016 or 2019.

Regards,
    Yic

• Marked as answer by ronip62 Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 7:42 AM
  • hi

thanks for the replay

i run the fix at one of my servers with the sync error and i need to check it after the restart

at other costumer with the same sync problem i uninstall the old version and install the latest one on server 2012 r2 and it started to work

thank you for helping me with this yic

ronnie

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:13 AM