Windows 7 IE 8 file download converts spaces to underscores RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have a Windows 7 & IE 8 environment, on which i used to download some files from a web application. But while downloading IE8 converts spaces in filename to underscores. This causes issue with my process. Similiar issue i faced on a Windows XP & IE7 machine, but there i got one Microsoft hotfix for that issue and it got fixed. But on Windows 7 - IE8 Environment i was unable to find any hotfix. Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

jaik
    Friday, June 3, 2011 10:05 AM

Answers

• The hotfix should be included in IE8. This kind of issue only occurs with several websites. You may need to wait for the websites to upgrade their engines.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:39 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:27 AM

All replies

• The hotfix should be included in IE8. This kind of issue only occurs with several websites. You may need to wait for the websites to upgrade their engines.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:39 AM
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I'm with App Support for a website where users of IE 8 have reported this problem. What does it mean for a website to upgrade its 'engine'?

Thanks,

Joe

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:55 PM