none
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB is missing the "previous versions" tab

Question

• I just want to confirm that this is in fact the case, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB does not have the Previous Versions tab available on the properties of files or folders.  There's no turning it on and enabling it correct?

Thanks...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:16 PM

All replies

• LTSB 1607 shows Previous tab and can turn on System Restore ok. So hmm. What version of LTSB? Is that in a Domain with perhaps Group Policies applied that do not allow it?
    • Edited by -Mr Happy- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:37 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:37 PM
  • Hi Willmeister,

Is this a domain environment? Did the issue occur with other machines? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)? Is it available to enable system restore feature?

I have checked my own Windows 10 1607 LTSB version, that option is available.

If this is a domain environment, please run "gpresult /h C:\gpresult.html" to check whether the following gpo has been applied to the machine.
    Computer Configuration or User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\FIle Explorer\Previous Versions

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hi all, sorry about the delay, unexpectedly out a few days.

It is a domain environment and there is no policy set, but I enabled the policy (by disabling the hide previous versions list for local and remote files) and then ran a gpresult.  Interesting find.  It was showing up when i ran a gpresult, but the tab was still not.

After a reboot of everything over the weekend, it is now working as expected.  Not completely sure why the policy got set and it didn't work initially, but it is working now...thanks everyone.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:51 PM