Upgrade error 0X80070241 RRS feed

• Question

• My PC was upgraded from Xp pro to Windows Vista Ultimate. No errors, very smooth. When I try upgrading to Windows 7 32 bit version  I get error:

Error code: 0X80070241 Windows cannot copy files needed for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation.

Now this error occurs about 5 minutes in after the compatibility check. The compatibility check didn't like my Vista approved Turtle beach sound drivers or my Nvidia control panel, again Vista safe. It told me they might not work after the upgrade, but proceeded to do it.

My PC runs single core dual Intel Xeons @ 3.8 GHz, Intel server board SE7525RP2, 4 gigs of DDR2 800 MHz bus RAM, Video card nvidia Gforce 7950 GT, 500 GB WD drive. Everything has been virus scanned, no viruses. The install disk was burnt using a program called IMG Burn at 1X on a DVD minus disk. I am redownloading the Beta as I write this. I will try loading it onto a virtual drive using Alcohol 120%.  If anyone here can help solve this error please let me know.

Monday, January 12, 2009 4:39 AM

Answers

• Update: I solved the problem myself by re downloading Windows 7. Instead of burning the .ISO image to DVD disk I chose to mount it in a virtual drive within a program called Alcohol 120%. the upgrade from Vista Ultimate was flawless. Not a single error. No problem whatsover! I must say I am dismayed by the fact that not one single entity even tried to help me nor give me any advice within this forum. I have however, attempted to help others when and where I could. C'mon people! Help each other out and be a bit more friendly and less selfish. 
    • Proposed as answer by obog Monday, January 12, 2009 11:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:42 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 8:23 PM

All replies

• Update: I solved the problem myself by re downloading Windows 7. Instead of burning the .ISO image to DVD disk I chose to mount it in a virtual drive within a program called Alcohol 120%. the upgrade from Vista Ultimate was flawless. Not a single error. No problem whatsover! I must say I am dismayed by the fact that not one single entity even tried to help me nor give me any advice within this forum. I have however, attempted to help others when and where I could. C'mon people! Help each other out and be a bit more friendly and less selfish. 
    • Proposed as answer by obog Monday, January 12, 2009 11:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex T Jr Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:42 AM
    Monday, January 12, 2009 8:23 PM
  • HI !! I have the same motherboard as you, an se7525rp2 with 2 single core 3.2 ghz xeon processor, 2 gb ram and 650 gb hdd , I´ve had some trouble  installing my pci express video card geforce  7600 gt in the past and now an 8800 gtx  in windows vista 32 and 64 bit; when the driver is installed the card is not recognized and  in the device manager  a message appears saying that there are no resources for the hardware installed, and only work with 4 bit color in a 600 x 800 resolution, something like that . Did you installed succesfully your video card in windows 7 ? Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 9:53 PM