Trusted application end point query RRS feed

• Question

• Can  we use SIP enabled AD user as trusted application end point?i mean while executing new-cstrustedapplicationendpoint can we give sip address of already existing user. the reason is we want to hide end point from GAL and if we create trusted application end point with New-cstrustedapplicationendpoint and give a new sip address it doesn't create object in AD so that we can select the option hide from Gal
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, but you won't be able to assign a SIP address that is already assigned to a SfB user to a Trusted Application Endpoint without first taking it away from the SfB user.  If you try to you'll get "Filter failed to return unique results".

Trusted Application Endpoints will show up in the GAL unless you hide them (set the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute).

Friday, December 15, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Striker11,

If I understand correctly ,when executing new-cstrustedapplicationendpoint , you want to give sip address of already existing user,you could execute the cmd like the following ways

New-CsTrustedApplicationEndpoint-ApplicationId tapp1-TrustedApplicationPoolFqdn TrustPool.litwareinc.com-SipAddress sip:endpoint1@litwareinc.com

You could refer to the following link ,please see the  Example 2.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/new-cstrustedapplicationendpoint?view=skype-ps#examples

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, but you won't be able to assign a SIP address that is already assigned to a SfB user to a Trusted Application Endpoint without first taking it away from the SfB user.  If you try to you'll get "Filter failed to return unique results".

Trusted Application Endpoints will show up in the GAL unless you hide them (set the msExchHideFromAddressLists attribute).

Friday, December 15, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Thanks Steve for your response. Actually we wanted to hide trusted application end point from GAL. I know its get created as AD contact but not able to find it in our AD to set msExchHideFromAddressLists.
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Hi, the following article explains how to locate the AD object and set msExchHideFromAddressLists on it:

Skype for Business Server - Hiding Trusted Application Endpoints

Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:14 AM