none
Search computers for specific files in domain RRS feed

• Question

• I need to find specific files in computers in domain environment. I tried several scripts (VBS and PS1) but I couldn't find antything really works for me. How can I manage this using PowerShell? (PS: I am a total newbie)

Thank you very much.

Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:18 PM

Answers

• As jrv mentioned, this forum is really for answering specific scripting questions. It's not a "write a specific script for me that meets my specifications" forum. Please understand that the forum participants are all volunteers and we really don't have the resources to do free consulting. (See the forum guidelines at the top.)

If you need for someone to write a script for you, there is a script request page. Be aware that you will need to write a detailed specification so the respondent knows exactly what you want to do. As with here, there is no guarantee of a response (or that someone will take the time to do this for you).

If this is critical to your business, you will probably need to pay a consultant.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:40 PM

All replies

• Start by reviewing the following: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/dd793612.aspx

When you have a script then post back with specific questions.

There is no magic search for anything in a domain command.  You must write a script.  You must also learn how to use the domain resources to help you with your script.

I suggest also looking over script in the repository to see how different people have solved similar problems.

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:36 PM
  • Believe me that didn't help at all. I said I am a newbie. If there is any code block that satisifies my purpose, please share with me. 

Thank you.

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:20 PM
  • As jrv mentioned, this forum is really for answering specific scripting questions. It's not a "write a specific script for me that meets my specifications" forum. Please understand that the forum participants are all volunteers and we really don't have the resources to do free consulting. (See the forum guidelines at the top.)

If you need for someone to write a script for you, there is a script request page. Be aware that you will need to write a detailed specification so the respondent knows exactly what you want to do. As with here, there is no guarantee of a response (or that someone will take the time to do this for you).

If this is critical to your business, you will probably need to pay a consultant.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:40 PM
  • Try this script..

Sam Boutros, Senior Consultant, Software Logic, KOP, PA http://superwidgets.wordpress.com (Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, where applicable)

Monday, August 25, 2014 11:04 AM