Vista wakes up right after sleep, won't sleep, sleep problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 with Windows Vista.  The sleep function used to work when I first bought the laptop.  However, it stops working a few months ago, not sure when.  When I manually put it to sleep, it tries to sleep, but then it wakes up right away. 

Tried the powercfg tool with -lastwake option and it reports the ACPI Lid as the device that wake up the system.  This symtom is the same even when I put it to sleep by closing the lid.

Ran the sigverif and it reports all files are signed.

Tried to remove the ACPI Lid device, restart, and Vista reinstall it automatically, but still didn't fix it.

On all devices with the Power Management tab, the "Allow this device to wake the computer" box is unchecked.

Any help is appreciated!

Thursday, October 30, 2008 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Before moving on, I suggest you check your Power Options in Control Panel.

Windows Help and How-to: Power Options

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/bdadf7af-56ef-49c4-af4c-7c6c4d7da36a1033.mspx

If all settings are fine, I suggest you contact computer manufacturer support to address this special problem. Generally, OEM manufacturers customize operating system for their specific models of computers including power management related settings. So, it is recommended that you manufacturer Acer Support to get more information about power management settings for this laptop.

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:49 AM

All replies

• I found out that if I unplug the power adapter, the sleep function works fine.

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:21 AM
  • Hi,

Before moving on, I suggest you check your Power Options in Control Panel.

Windows Help and How-to: Power Options

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/bdadf7af-56ef-49c4-af4c-7c6c4d7da36a1033.mspx

If all settings are fine, I suggest you contact computer manufacturer support to address this special problem. Generally, OEM manufacturers customize operating system for their specific models of computers including power management related settings. So, it is recommended that you manufacturer Acer Support to get more information about power management settings for this laptop.

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:49 AM