General Policy Has Forbidden Attaching Files RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago I started getting a pop up message that states "Cannot attach XXX because a general policy has forbidden attaching files without a classification." every time I try to attach a file to an outgoing email through Outlook. Windows recently completed an update around the time this issue started, but I have no idea what might have changed. If I go into the web app, I can attach files no problem. I can also attach files through yahoo mail, etc. I cannot find any setting related to attachment classifications nor anything about this error in other forums. Can anyone help me resolve this issue?
    Sunday, October 14, 2018 11:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Ender32881,

I tried to do research on the error messaged mentioned in your post but cannot find any useful information. Is this the entire and exact message? If not, do you mind removing the privacy info and then share a screenshot of the message here or send it to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com so that we can di further research on this? Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up :)

Besides, do you mean the issue only occurs to a particular mailbox configured in your Outlook? Please try creating a new Outlook profile and add the problematic account to see if the attachment can be inserted properly. 

Any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 15, 2018 6:07 AM