Recovery Discovered inventory view RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to recovery the disappered Discovered Inventory view, alone this view? Never I deleted the Default management pack but I don't Known why, the wiew is disappered. I Know that the best way is to reinstall the whole default management pack, but in this pack are charged (unfortunaly) some customizations. Is there another way to recreate same view?

thanks Mario

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:31 PM

Answers

• Try going back in time to a backup of your old default management pack.  It really is a BAD idea to ever use the default management pack for anything.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by mario2007 Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:17 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Agree with Dan. See if you have any backups of the default mp and restore that one. You can also first make an export of the current version of this mp so you can read in the xml what changes they made and later re-create it in another mp.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:09 AM
  • Hello

Install scom management on different server, and install as new management group. Open console, create new mp named test. and then go to monitoring - copy discovered inventory view , paste to the test folder (When you create new mp its also creates a folder in monitoring section) after, export mp from new opsmgr to old one. 

This is tested.

• Marked as answer by mario2007 Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:10 AM

All replies

• Try going back in time to a backup of your old default management pack.  It really is a BAD idea to ever use the default management pack for anything.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:48 PM
  • Agree with Dan. See if you have any backups of the default mp and restore that one. You can also first make an export of the current version of this mp so you can read in the xml what changes they made and later re-create it in another mp.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:09 AM
  • Ok. I have a backup of default MP, but not update. I''ll follow Bob advice.

thanks Mario

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hello

Install scom management on different server, and install as new management group. Open console, create new mp named test. and then go to monitoring - copy discovered inventory view , paste to the test folder (When you create new mp its also creates a folder in monitoring section) after, export mp from new opsmgr to old one. 

This is tested.

• Marked as answer by mario2007 Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:10 AM
  • Also if you dont want to do that

There is a easy way, i can email to you my exported mp, you can import.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:11 AM