DWM saw-tooth working set memory allocation bug RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody have any ideas? I RDP into my laptop from my workstation, this causes the problem, both computers are Win7. watching the memory allocation from DWM.EXE on my workstation I see that it will continuously allocate memory, once it reaches ~1GB, a message on my workstation pops up and suggests I turn off aero for better performance, then it releases everything back to ~100MB and begins allocating again. Over time it forms a saw-tooth pattern. It is really quite annoying and would love to hear any suggestions.

The only other post i've been able to find is here.

Thank you,

Nathan

Monday, August 2, 2010 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue mostly can be related to the display card driver.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest you update the BIOS to improve the memory management first.

After that, please uninstall the current installed display card driver and software, download and install the latest version of the display card driver only.

Note: if you are using ATI display card, please do not install ATI Catalyst Control Center. According to my test, it will crash on the RDP host.

If the issue persists, I also would like to suggest you test the issue in Clean Boot to remove the possible third party software conflicts.

What’s the result?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:30 AM