none
Outlook 2013 Draft Folder Problem

Question

• Hi, 

I use Outlook 2013, and when i reply to some mail in Outlook automatically the mail save in draft folder, but the mail its send to client.

I try to create new profile and new ost. and  i get same issue , i doesn't use rules.

I change in outlook setting : File > Options >Mail> “Save Message” and disable the “Automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes” and i have same issue

Can you help me please ?

Monday, March 13, 2017 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please confirm if the outgoing messages are listed in Sent Items folder or not. Also check the other settings under File > Options >Mail> “Save Message”:

If the outgoing messages are not listed in Sent Items folder, only the Draft folder instead, please check if there is any Inbox Rules applied for the outgoing messages: File > Info > Manage Rules&Alerts.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for the reply, 

First of all i do see the sent mails in the sent mails folder,but i can also see a copy of a draft in my Draft folders

Second Under  File > Options >Mail> “Save Message" this option is turned on already.

I did check the rules just in case - no such rules are set.

If you can please find me a different solution,

Thank you, 

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried running Outlook in safe mode?

Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter. Then send test message to confirm if the issue can be reproduced in safe mode.

Also try to create a new Outlook profile and setup the Problematic account for further troubleshooting:

Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 8:56 AM