Windows Experience Index Could not be Computed RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows Experience Index (System Rating), but at the end of the test, an error message show "The Windows Experience Index for your system could not be computed" ... this is due to the error being reported from the operating system, driver or other component...Please help
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 10:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• I got that once with a new computer.  One would think, since the application knew exactly what test it was running at the time and that it got an error back that the user would be given a more specific answer.  Like: "running the video test, an ordered reset did not occur.  that is why I am showing you this error".  Instead, you get "oh, it was something I was doing, but I don't remember what it was - maybe in the OS, maybe a driver, or maybe the phase of the moon".

Did you try several times?  If so, did you get the same error?

I found that if I unplugged my external USB drive, that the test completed properly.

Bill

Monday, November 7, 2011 4:14 AM
  • Hi DEAN KING,

What's the version of Windows 7 are you running?

Did you install any anti-virus software?

Please refer to this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/wei-the-windows-experience-index-for-your-system/59444bd8-303a-4959-b572-08e143c8e77e 

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, November 14, 2011 7:44 AM
    Monday, November 7, 2011 6:05 AM