unable to communicate with specific ports RRS feed

• Question

• I have a proprietary Software application  for  running a flight simulator.  it is  working fine  in windows xp pro 32bit. It uses UDP Ports nos: 5000, 6000, 17001,9001,11180,18001 to communicate with other PCs in the Local Lan to communicate with switches(anolog & digital) & the controls. but, now the same application does not comminucate on running the application in windows 7 pro 32bit service pack1 . The application simply shows up in the desktop with out any response. I have switchoff the firewall, i 've also made the application to  run in winxp srv pack3 compatible mode, and also tried to run in administrator mode. There is no joy. any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rashid

Monday, January 18, 2016 11:57 AM

All replies

• Try running TCPView to check for any programs using the ports.

You can download TCPView from the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/tcpview.aspx

Balaji Kundalam

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:01 AM
  • Thanks Mr. Balaji Kundalam,

I've tried a similar software to TCPView, CurrPorts v2.20 Web site: http://www.nirsoft.net. but no ports are being used.Secondly the problem is my application does not show up at all in CURRPORTS screen, when run on a win7 32bit but it shows with all the ports open on a win xp32bit pc. I will also try TCPView now

Thanks

Rashid D.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:16 AM
  • Hi reshiddawood,

Thank you for your question.

First of all, we suggest you contact the vendor of software to make sure it could be supported on Windows 7.

When you install it, please check if the post has been used for this specific application by TCPView, you could use the following command: netstat –an.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by jim-xu Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:09 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:09 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:51 AM
  • Hi reshiddawood,

Thank you for your question.

First of all, we suggest you contact the vendor of software to make sure it could be supported on Windows 7.

When you install it, please check if the post has been used for this specific application by TCPView, you could use the following command: netsate –an.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu

Jim,

I think the command is netstat -an and not netsate -an.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Balaji Kundalam

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 4:48 AM
  • Hi Balaji,

I am sorry that it is my spelling error. I have modified it. 

Thank you Balaji.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Jim Xu

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:08 AM