KMS Key problem sequencing Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with KMS activation server or client in office 2010. The scenario is the next.

I have sequenced Office 2010 in virtual machine with Office XP x86 system full update and the sequencer 4.6 version. I run in this system the Office2010AppVKit-x86\OffVirt.msi with the parameters ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core PROPLUS=1. This instruccions are in http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;983462&x=10&y=10. 

I publish the package in server without problem. Now I have three systems to confirm the correct functionality of the product. They are virtual machines and the operating systems in them are Windows XP x86, Windows 7 x86 and Windows 7 x64. In this machines the client of App-V is 4.6 version and the Office 2010 run perfectly. I have confirmed that in the KMS server appears the kms license to the Office 2010 with grace period.

The problem appears when I use this package in final clients, for example, in the Windows 7 x64 system, but it is not virtualized. In this machine I run Microsoft Word but in few seconds appears the windows popup to obtain the key for the product.

All the systems are in the same domain, the user domain is the same in all probes, the KMS server is the same and the App-V server is the same too.

I am unhappy to this situation. The unique diference  that I have found is that the systems than are ok are virtual machines and the systems than failed not.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi again,

The problem is solved. At the beginning I have two kms servers and the office found the other server and It don't activated.

Thanks for the responses.
    Friday, May 28, 2010 10:33 AM

All replies

• KMS requires at least 5 client machines before it will start activating those machines - setup another 2 machines and you should see the KMS host handing out activations:

Volume activation quick start guide for Office 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624359.aspx

The activation threshold for the KMS host is five client computers. Five physical or virtual computers that have Office installed must request activation before KMS clients become activated.

Volume activation overview for Office 2010
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee624349.aspx

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:05 AM
  • Hello,

The error that I indicate is different, the problem is not the activation, in the virtual machines the office is not activated and it is running, but the systems with error want a key.

Now I have used six different virtual machines and in them the office is activated. Then I use the phisycal machine and the error persist. I have uninstalled the Office 2010 Deployment Kit in this system, I have restarted the system and I have installed again the deployment kit. Now in this system the office open correctly and it has activated.

I don't understand what happened but the problem is solved. Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:49 AM
  • Hello again,

The problem is the same again, it is repeating in a new systems. The last time I had six virtual systems with activated office, and then I got activate office in two physical system.

Now, I am working with other physical system and the problem repeat in it. When I run the Office 2010 the windows popup appears and it hope the product key.

I don't understand it but i am thinking if it is a possible problem of communication with the server kms.

Has somebody any idea? thans a lot.

Friday, May 21, 2010 3:23 PM
  • Just a suggestion.  You must run the deployment kit in two separate installs.

1) msiexec /i offvirt.msi PROPLUS=1 ....

2) msiexec /i offvirt.msi ADDEFFAULT=.... 

I also would encourage adding the /lvx <filename.log> parameter and make sure your parameters are executing correctly.  If you have already installed the kit, I think you can add the REINSTALL=ALL parameter as well.

Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:40 AM
  • Hi again,

The problem is solved. At the beginning I have two kms servers and the office found the other server and It don't activated.

Thanks for the responses.
    Friday, May 28, 2010 10:33 AM