none
BHOLD MA outbound synchronization via Synchronization Rule FIM 2010 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've set up the BHOLD MA (Access Management Microsoft) in FIM 2010 R2 to export users to the BHOLD Core.
    I'm using the http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj853094(v=ws.10).aspx lab guide to help me out.

The only difference, I'm preferring to use portal sync rules instead of using the attributeflow in the BHOLD MA itself. (easier and powerful)

I've configured a Synchronization rule in the FIM Portal, however, it complains that when I'm trying to flow department (MV) to OrganizationalUnit (CS) (a BHold orgunit is not the same as an AD OU) are not matching types: String versus Reference.

When I configure this on the BHOLD MA agent itself as explained in the above lab guide, there's no error!

Question: has anyone ever used portal sync rules to populate BHOLD CORE with users? Is it possible? 

Kind regards,
    David

Friday, September 12, 2014 10:01 AM

Answers

• Yes, if you need sync rules to achieve you need to do it by your way.

The best way is through BHold MA using Metaverse Provisioning rules extensions.

shakti

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hi David,

The "Organizational Unit" in Bhold is a reference attribute.The attribute is an "object id string".

So to use sync rules , you need to think of pushing the bhold objectid reference value.

I think you can try doing above instead of directly flowing "department(mv) --> Organization Unit(connector space)"

shakti

Friday, September 12, 2014 10:50 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

The "Organizational Unit" in Bhold is a reference attribute.The attribute is an "object id string".

So to use sync rules , you need to think of pushing the bhold objectid reference value.

I think you can try doing above instead of directly flowing "department(mv) --> Organization Unit(connector space)"

shakti

Friday, September 12, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Hi Shakti,

I thought so, this means I've got to add OrganizationalUnit as object in FIM Portal Schema, flowing this object with attributes to the FIM portal and so on. Mmmm I will avoid doing that, only for the purpose of a sync rule.
    I'll stick to the BHOLD MA for now :)

Kr,
    David

Friday, September 12, 2014 12:01 PM
  • Yes, if you need sync rules to achieve you need to do it by your way.

The best way is through BHold MA using Metaverse Provisioning rules extensions.

shakti

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:45 PM