none
In MS Access 2010, how to access "Move to SharePoint Site Wizard"

Question

• I am using MS Office Professional Plus 2010 and SharePoint 2007. Using the following link, I am trying to move the tables in an Access 2010 database to a SharePoint site and link to them. But on Access 2010 ribbon, I don’t see SharePoint Lists group on the External Data tab (as described in step 1 of the following link)

Move to SharePoint Site Wizard

How can I access “Move to SharePoint” wizard in Access 2010.

Friday, February 25, 2011 11:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Namwam,

In Access 2010, I believe the “Move to SharePoint” option is now located within the Move Data section under the Database Tools tab on the ribbon.  In the Move Data section, the button will just be listed as SharePoint.  I hope that helps.

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by namwam Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:05 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Namwam,

In Access 2010, I believe the “Move to SharePoint” option is now located within the Move Data section under the Database Tools tab on the ribbon.  In the Move Data section, the button will just be listed as SharePoint.  I hope that helps.

Best Regards,
    Nathan Ost
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by namwam Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:05 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 4:51 PM
  • I want to thank Nathan for his help. His directions solved my problem. -Nam

• Edited by namwam Wednesday, March 9, 2011 11:09 PM Corrected a typo
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:05 PM
  • Hello,

I used this option, but with one hangup.

When I published from Access 2007 using the wizard, the entire database was placed on the server so that users coule open a local copy and use the forms and reports.  However, when I publish with Access 2010, the tables are still created as lists on the server, but the database is not placed on the server?  I never am presented with an option of where to place it.

Any thoughts?  Need to get this running ASAP.

Also - if i publish with Access 2007 so that the database itself is on the server, when I add a new table to the database I can't figure out how to get it to publish.  "Publish to SharePoint" doesn't add it, and if I redo the "Move to SharePoint", while I can overwrite the original database, it creates additional tables appended _1.

Thanks!

Alex

Thursday, May 19, 2011 3:45 AM