none
Automating Steadystate Install RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is there a way to automate the steadystate install and configuration (not using manual config + ghost)?

We are using SCCM OSD to deploy all are workstations. It would be nice if we could also pacakage steadystate so that we can deploy classroom configs with steadystate unattendedly.

Monday, December 8, 2008 9:26 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi BartPe, to deploy Windows SteadyState, I recommend you check the detailed information in the following thread:

do you have to run sysprep when making an image

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3952846&SiteID=17

You can also check SteadyState handbook via the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F829BB8B-C7A9-426B-A7A4-2B504A6238D2&displaylang=en

Hope this helps!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:45 AM
  •  

Hi Sean,

Thanks for answering.

I already read these procedures, but they require a manual configuration of SteadyState before creating images. What I want to do is automate the entire process. So it would be nice if I could, for instance, create a transform file to do the SteadyState install with all my desired parameters.

Monday, December 15, 2008 10:54 AM
  •  

Hi BartPe, thanks for the feedback. Currently, this kind of transform file/function is not available in Windows SteadyState. We will forward your valuable feedback to our product group and see if this kind of function can be added in the future. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

What specific restrictions/options are you interested in setting?

Thanks,
    Robert Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Hi Robert, I'm also in need of deploying SteadyState to be 'Fully' functional and configured when my Users turn on their machines. So, to answer your question; I want to install the software silently which can be achieved by msiexec but that's only half of it. Essientially, I want to configure all settings(i.e. Disk Protection, Profile Import etc.) and be able to deploy these with the package - like the MS "Customization" toolsets. I need to do this quickly.

Thanks,

Jimmie

Thursday, December 18, 2008 3:44 AM
  • Hi,

There are command line switches to enable/disable Windows Disk Protection and to import profiles that may solve your problem.

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 5:52 AM